Information about the world university rankings
Information about the world university rankings
Information on the work done on joining the world ranking of universities at Tashkent State University of Law.
The following work was done at Tashkent State University of Law to enter the World University Rankings:
1. Rector of the Tashkent State University of Law on October 23, 2019, in accordance with Order N 08-587, a working group was created to include the university to the list of top 1000 internationally recognized universities.
2. Further plans list was developed and approved in the prescribed manner for the effective organization of the working group.
3. The working group held negotiations with the QS International Rating Agency and opened a special profile of Tashkent State University of Law on its website and received the corresponding login and password. Today, this profile contains general information about the university, relevant information about higher, scientific and postgraduate education.
4. Memoranda of cooperation were signed with the Auezov Kazakhstan University, which is in the top 500 of the QS rating, and with the Kazakh State Law University named after M.S. Narikbaeva. Currently, in the framework of the Memorandum with South Kazakhstan State University named after M. Auezova in Kazakhstan, 3 scientific and teaching staff of the university are trained as independent researchers at Tashkent State University of Law.
5. To ensure that the university’s website meets international Webometrics requirements, the university’s teaching staff created Google Scholar profiles and published their research. In addition, a unique number for each teacher was obtained and registered from the ORCID database. Furthermore, an agreement was reached with other partner organizations in this area on other technical work on the university’s website as part of the Electronic University project.
6. A series of training seminars was held for teachers, grad students and independent researchers of the university on access to the international scientific and technical database Scopus and Science Direct, on developing skills for its constant use and publication of articles. In particular, in June-August 2019, the departments organized 15 seminars according to the approved schedule. As a result of this training seminar, teachers of each department were informed about the registration of Scopus and Science Direct and the search for articles in the legal field, as well as the H-index for citable documents.
In addition, on October 9-11 this year, the university held training seminars for teachers, doctoral students and independent researchers on issues of access to the international scientific and technical database Scopus and Science Direct, developing the skills of writing and publishing articles. As a result of the seminar, an Elsevier profile was opened for each university professor on the scientific and technical base of Scopus, ScienceDirect and Mendeley.
7. A memorandum of understanding with E-line Press LLC was signed on November 15 this year, on the basis of which the university’s journal, Review of Law Sciences, was included in the RSCI (elibrary.ru) and Cyberlenink database ( cyberleninka.ru).
In addition, for each issue of the journal and for each article, a DOI, electronic document number, is assigned.
8. The university profile was opened on the websites of QS (Quacquarelli Symonds World Ratings) and THE (Times Nigher Education), and the corresponding logins and passwords were obtained. Nowadays, these profiles contain information about the academic and research activities of the university.
9. According to a letter from the university rector dated October 22, 2019, in order to increase the competitiveness of university academic staff in the international level and to improve citations of published scientific works, the corporate mail of the tsul.uz domain was recalculated in accordance with the Google Scholar platform.
10. Currently, the experience of other universities in introducing the “E-minbar” application into the activities of the Information Resource Center is being studied.
11. The first steps were taken to create the journal “TSUL Legal Report” for young scientists in foreign languages. At the next stages, it is planned to place this journal in the RSCI and Cyberleninka databases.
12. Permission was obtained to use the AdminTool Elsevier program at the university to monitor the activities of teachers in the Scopus science and technology database.
13. In September-October of the 2019-2020 academic year, Tashkent State Law University published the journal Review of Law Sciences in the national scientific and technical database Digital Commons Uzbekistan (Uz Scopus journal platform). A working group of 14 members was formed. Members of the working group are responsible for distributing each article over the past 3 years of the journal in PDF format, as well as distributing metadata. As a result, more than 210 articles in the eight-year issue of the journal were fully included in the National Research Commons Uzbekistan platform and in the national online platform Uzbekistan Research Online 2030 (uzjournals.edu.uz).
14. January 17, 2020 at the Tashkent State Law University, Zoya Zaitseva, Regional Director of QS World University Ratings for Eastern Europe and Central Asia, held a webinar on the topic: “Conditions and procedure for conducting the QS rating”. The training was attended by senior officials of the Academy of the General Prosecutor's Office of the Republic of Uzbekistan, the Center for Legal Education under the Ministry of Justice, the Academy of the Ministry of Internal Affairs, the Higher School of Judges and Teachers and teachers of Tashkent State Law University.
15. On January 17, 2020, the head of the Department for the Coordination of Scientific Research and the Training of Scientific and Pedagogical Personnel Zh Abdurahmuzhuzhayev gave an interview to Radio 24 on the topic: “Conditions and procedure for conducting the QS rating”.
16. On January 17, 2020, a webinar at Tashkent State Law University with Zoya Zaytseva, regional director for Eastern Europe and Central Asia, was covered at the National Information Agency of Uzbekistan.
17. On January 10, 2020, in accordance with the letter 09 / 470-24 of the Tashkent State Law University and the decree of the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan dated October 8, 2019 UP-5847 “On approval of the concept of development of the higher education system of the Republic of Uzbekistan until 2030”, letters were sent to the General Academy Prosecutor's Office of the Republic of Uzbekistan, the Center for Legal Education under the Ministry of Justice, the Academy of the Ministry of Internal Affairs and the Higher School of Judges in order to implement a joint resolution of the law “On Strengthening th with research institutions of higher education, the courts, law enforcement cooperation and practical assistance to improve their performance, the publication of articles in international scientific and technical basis of the data Google Scholar, Scopus, Web of science,
18. On February 13-14, 2020, a training seminar was held at the university for professors and teachers over 45 years old with the aim of developing the skills of preparing and publishing articles in the international scientific and technical database Scopus, ScienceDirect. The training was attended by more than 30 professors and teachers.
19. As a result of the University’s interaction with Elsevier, the University received special access to enter the Admin Tool system to monitor the work of professors in the international scientific and technical databases Scopus and ScienceDirect.