Reading is a source of knowledge
Deputy Minister of Justice – rector of Tashkent State University of Law awarded readers with smartphones
On December 22, 2018, in order to promote and increase the interest in reading books among youth in Tashkent State University of Law a competition "Active reader" was held.
32 teams, formed from the students of the University, took part in the competition (each team consisted of 6 people).
A month before the competition the teams were provided with 10 literary works for reading.
The competition was held in two stages and with the results of the first stage 4 teams with the highest score successfully moved to the second stage of the competition.
According to the results of the competition, based on the hard work and experiences of participants on exciting and complex requirements, with the highest score 1st place was given to the team "Time", consisting of 3rd year students of the University. Deputy Minister of Justice – rector of Tashkent State University of Law, awarded the winners with modern smartphones, diploma and statuette of the contest.
At the same time, the 2nd place was given to the team of 4-year students "Knock Down", and the team «Black Hole», consisting of 2nd year students took the 3rd place
The teams of 2nd and 3rd places, its active participants, were awarded with diplomas and prizes.
During awarding ceremony, the Deputy-Minister of Justice – rector of the University congratulated students with best wishes, and noted that reading books enriches the intellectual development of people, expands their horizons and outlook.
It should be noted that the participants of the competition were provided with the following ten literary works:
1. Work Abdulla Avloni "Turkey Guliston, Yohud ahloq".
2. The Work of Abdurauf Fitrat "Oila".
3. Novel by Odil Yakubov "Ulugbek xazinasi".
4. Epic of Erkin Vohidov "Ruhlar isyoni".
5. Togay Murod's tale "Oydinda yurgan odamlar".
6. A collection of poems by Shavkat Rahmon "Abadiyat oralab".
7. The Work of Johann Wolfgang Goethe "Faust".
8. Novel Honore de Balzac's "The Skin of Sorrow"
9. The Novel of Albert Camus "The Stranger".
10. Gabriel Garcia Marquez "Chronicle of the declared death".